Depending on where you are in the country, you may be like us Philadelphians, under a deep (13 inches!) of snow with temperatures hovering around 2F (-15F with winchill!!!). On days like this, the perfect food to warm you up is a Chilli to bring some heat back into your body, and get that metabolism going if you are stuck indoors all day…..I am trying to look out for your health here 😉
I scooped my chilli up with Mary’s Gone Crackers Super Seed Crackers. I loved the crunch with the tender chilli. My review of Mary’s Gone Crackers can be found HERE.
- Beef contains the same heart healthy fats found in olive oil, as well as providing you with a good amount of important minerals such as iron and zinc
- Chilli powder/cayenne pepper not only raises your metabolism to blast calories, but it contains antioxidants to help your body fight free radicals
- Tomatoes are a great inflammation fighting food to help soreness. The reduced inflammation also helps your leptin hormones work properly so your body can be more successful at losing weight
- Adzuki beans are like all beans in that they are high in fiber and protein, but these tiny red beans also are lower in calories, but still contain a good amount of carbohydrate to fuel your training
A few days later, I even put the leftovers back into the oven with a lovely mashed potato topping and Mary’s Gone Crackers Crumbs. It baked up wonderfully, and if you have the time, I would definitely recommend the chilli bake if you are bored of chilli on its own. It would also go well on top of a baked potato if you do not have time to make the mashed potato topping.
Would love you to follow me:
- Instagram –tinamuir88
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
I LOVE that you put mash potatoes on top of chili. Why the heck haven't I done that? FABULOUS!
Yes, I'm in Maryland and we are enjoying the white winter as well!
Girl that looks delicious!! I enjoyed reading those nutritional facts! I actually read an article the other day that my husband sent me that Zinc is incredibly good for men! I had no idea!
I've never put chickpeas OR sriracha in chili but I love both ingredients so of course now I'm thinking I must give it a try!
You are combining two of my favorites–chili and the slow cooker! And love the idea of serving it with the crackers. Can't wait to try it!
Yum, yum! The perfect way to stay warm.
Yum! I've been craving chili and I'm sure I can tweak this just a little to make it vegetarian. Craving chili now 🙂
I've never thought to add a mashed potato topping – Looking good, girl!
It came to me on a run one day! I only wish it took a better picture! Hope you are not freezing to death! Stay warm 🙂
Thanks 🙂 Yeah, well zinc is good for us too! What makes it better for men than women?
Please do! And let me know how it goes…or tweet me a picture 🙂
Yes it is! Thanks Angela 🙂
Yes! Go for it! Some extra legumes and you are set! Give it a try, and let me know when you do 🙂
Thanks Jessie 🙂
Please do! Let me know or tweet it at me! It is so good, promise!
this sounds perfect! i am thawing out beef right now. IRON it UP!
THAT looks amazing! AMAZING! Perfect for a cold winter Friday! 🙂 I would probably put butternut squash over the top as opposed to a potato… Mmmmmm! 🙂
I haven't made chili in a long while. You just inspired me to get cooking 🙂 And, it would totally warm us up here in cold Canada 🙂
Did you make it? Hope it went well 🙂 I loved it with the Marys crackers!
Thanks GiGi! Ooooh good idea! I did that in one of my prior posts…not with chilli, but with a shepherds pie. It was delicious! My butternut squash went into a soup this week….love it!
Awww thanks Kierston! Let me know if you try it! It is freezing here too! When is summer again? 🙂