One thing being gluten free has done for me more than anything else, is expanded my breakfast horizons. I have tried many different breakfast options, rather than just having cereal every day……although it has made me miss it even more! I have made the Oh She Glows Peanut Butter Morning Oatmeal mutiple times, and I genuinely enjoy it…..maybe even enough to chose it over cereal. However, I decided that I should try to adapt it into my own recipe.
I had also been swooning over Peachy Palates Pear and Hazelnut pancakes and had that flavor combination in my head. I therefore created this pear and hazelnut cinnamon oatmeal, and topped it with my homemade almond butter from a few days prior! I loved the combination of flavors, and it was unlike any other breakfast I have had. Kept me full for a very long time too!
- The 26g protein and 18g fiber in this breakfast makes it a well rounded, balanced meal that will curb your hunger, and provide you with a whole host of nutrients to help you stay healthy
- Pears are not only high in Vitamins C and K, but they contain lots of other nutrients as antioxidants to prevent cell damage. They also are considered one of the only hypoallergenic fruits as they are safe for almost everyone!
- Oats bring lots of fiber and protein as they make this a stick to your ribs breakfast that will keep you full till lunch (if not beyond)
- Hazelnuts have a high concentration of oleic fats, good fats that lower your HDL cholesterol and increase your LDL, while reducing blood pressure, and being one of the best sources of Vitamin E for reducing free radical damage
- Almond butter is made from pure almonds, which are known to reduce the risk of heart disease, and maintain a healthy weight
Would love you to follow me:
- Instagram –tinamuir88
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feed burner –Subscribe Here
So yummy! That's one of the great things about oats. They're so easy to adapt to your favorites! You're on a roll with great recipes 🙂
Yum! This looks so good! I just pinned this 🙂
What a perfect meal for this cold weather! I had to have an oatmeal brinner last night… and I may do it again tonight with this!
Ok so please don't ask me why I read this as Pizza and Hazlenut Oatmeal hahah I was like um….strange but good? I'm glad it's pear though.
Making this tomorrow morning for the kids!
Thanks for reminding me of the pear that has been lurking in the back of my produce drawyer for a week. Pears, hazelnuts and oatmeal sound like a great combination.
I love pears in oats covered in cinnamon. I rarely have hazelnuts on hand but now I want 'em just to make this. Yum!
I really enjoy your blog, from your recipes to training stories. I hope you didn't mind me linking to your strengthening exercises.
Awww thanks Jill 🙂 I am trying! Hoping to one day be able to make it my career! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Hope you like it, Jesica!
Thanks Laura, I love brinner! Show me a picture if you do, would love to see the spin you put on it!
Hahahah thats funny! Yes, that would be strange, not sure I would be brave enough to try that! Pear works well though!
Hope it works 🙂
Give it a try! Hope you like it 🙂
Give it a go, and let me know how it goes! Have a wonderful weekend!
Oh no, of course I dont mind! Thank you! I am glad you enjoy reading!
This sounds so yummy! I love how many different combinations there are with oatmeal. Your homemade almond butter sounds delish too!
Oh my goodness. This looks so amazing.